This is a time for giving. In the CanDo tradition, we’re coordinating this drive with the Napa Food Bank in order to help replenish their provisions and their coffers in the aftermath of the earthquake. We’ve done a similar drive in five previous years. Please: Help us spread the word!
It’s called 10-10-10-10 because we’re asking folks for
- 10 items of non-perishable food;
- $10 (or more);
- To spread the word to 10 friends and neighbors;
- To do it all in 10 days.
Because we always seek to “ease the path from intent to action,” easy access to collection sites is imperative. Along with the usual grocery stores, we want ‘em in every neighborhood.
Napa Food Bank – Top Ten
- Pasta Products
- Canned Veggies, no/low salt
- Canned Fruit, in natural juice
- Canned Tomato Products, no/low salt
- 100% Juice, in unbreakable packaging
- Peanut Butter, w/no additives, plastic packaging
- Canned Bean Products
- Salad Dressing, in plastic packaging
- Cereal, low sugar content
- Soup, low salt
Beginning 9.5.14, go to NVCanDo.org for a list of collection sites.
Auberge du Soleil has a collection bin now. We are happy to help! Bring by your non-perishable items to help the Napa Food Bank.