Auberge du Soleil Celebrates Earth Month
Auberge du Soleil Earth Month 2013
1. World Water Day
Friday, March 22
We are pleased to be a part of the Whole World Water Fund. WHOLE WORLD water (wholeworldwater.co) is a three year hospitality and tourism campaign that addresses the fact that nearly 1 billion people do not have access to clean drinking water. Leveraging the incredible potential of the hospitality and tourism industry to spur global change, the model encourages spas, hotels, resorts and restaurants to filter, bottle and sell their own water, while contributing 10% of the proceeds to the WHOLE WORLD Water Fund; a fund benefiting clean and safe water programs around the world. Auberge du Soleil will celebrate World Water Day by launching our WHOLE WORLD water Vivreau sparkling and still filtration system.
To get involved, or for more information on the project: http://bit.ly/VHFiUN
2. Earth Hour
Saturday, March 23
Guests at Auberge du Soleil will enjoy a romantic experience guided by the moon, stars and fire as we recognize Earth Hour on March 23, 2013. Uniting People to Protect the Planet, Auberge du Soleil will support the world’s largest environmental event in history between 8:30-9:30pm where hundreds of millions of people will turn off the lights within their time zone for Earth Hour in observance of the effects of Climate Change.
Auberge du Soleil will celebrate Earth Hour by replacing artificial light with candlelight in our Main House from 8:30-9:30pm. In the Bistro & Bar we are offering a ‘Earth Happy Hour’ from 8:30-9:30pm including an Earth Hour specialty cocktail.
An invitation, accompanied by a complimentary Auberge Spa Boutique scented candle and additional votives, will be placed in each room inviting guests to choose candlelight during Earth Hour.
The Auberge Spa will be offering a special Earth Hour massage to by enjoyed by candlelight during the 8:30-9:30pm time period. A special “earth hour” robe will be sent to each guest’s room at https://grademiners.com/essay-writing-service as due to no electricity we will not open the spa lounges/lockers for changing and showering. This robe is theirs to keep as a gift. No computers or phones will be active at the spa during Earth Hour. After the massage our guests will be escorted to the front door with a candle to guide their way back to their room.
Auberge du Soleil is also including our adopted school, Northwood Elementary in our Earth Hour celebration. A description of Earth Hour will be included in their March newsletter, a flyer shall be sent home with the children, and Auberge du Soleil associates will visit each classroom to discuss Climate Change and Earth Hour.
3. EARTH MONTH, April 2013
Auberge du Soleil invites you to celebrate our local community during Earth Month with several ‘Responsible Luxury’ offerings during the month of April.
Auberge Spa Earth Day Spa Treatments and Classes
available during the Month of April
Fango Mud Bath
Stay grounded to Mother Earth by adding a Fango Mud Bath to any massage service at the special price of $75 per guest for the entire month of April. (Normally priced $95 per person) Advance reservations required, space limited. Available for individual or couples massages.
Massage by Candlelight
For the month of April all massages booked in the spa during evening hours will come with the option for massage for term paper writing by candlelight. The massage room will be illuminated by candle light only.
Experience your essential nature through a guided yoga practice that explores the 5 key elements of earth, water, fire, air and ether. In the yoga tradition, postures and breath that enhance our “earthy” grounded nature is the first step in creating elemental balance. Celebrate your elemental nature and your vibrant connection to Mother Earth through yoga. Suitable for all levels of experience.
Complimentary 60 Minute Classes offered throughout the month.
Advanced Reservations required. Space Limited
Organic Wine Experience Package
available during the Month of April
Savor Napa Valley and its famed vineyards during a two night stay at Auberge du Soleil. Explore Napa Valley’s Wine Country with a 3-hour ‘Napa Valley Dream Experience’ at Long Meadow Ranch. Enjoy the Ranch by foot or on an all-terrain vehicle, while taking in stunning views of the Napa Valley from the 600-acre organically farmed vineyards and orchards. Visit the winery, olive oil frantoio, caves, vineyards and olive orchards before returning to the Logan-Ives House. Upon arrival, you will be treated to the ultimate seasonally inspired three-course winemaker’s menu prepared from a bounty of Long Meadow Ranch’s farm fresh ingredients in the library or dining room. A comprehensive selection of LMR current release research paper and library wines, as well as extra virgin olive oils paired with a seasonal salad, main course, and something sweet. Also included in this package is a Private tour and tasting at the nearby organic and biodynamic winery, Quintessa. So unwind, relax and indulge in a part of sustainable Napa Valley.
– Two nights in a Main House Room Hilltop View Room (upgraded guest rooms and rates also available)
– Long Meadow Ranch – Napa Valley Dream Experience – 3 Hours
– Wine Tour & Tasting at Quintessa, a bio-dynamic winery
– Bottle of Quintessa Wine
– Daily complimentary breakfast for two in our Restaurant (excludes beverages and gratuity)
– Includes Tax and Gratuity
– Available any night of the week (holidays excluded)
– Packages may be booked consecutively
· Sustainability ‘Pledge’ Tree
During Earth Month, an olive tree; a symbol of peace, will be placed in the Auberge du Soleil courtyard. Guests and Auberge du Soleil associates are encouraged to write a sustainable pledge on a “wish” tag to be placed on the tree. We will plant the tree on Arbor Day and at that time the environmental pledges will be collected and displayed.
· Northwood Elementary School Earth Day Landscaping Project
On Earth Day, Monday, April 22 we will landscape beneath the Northwood marquee with California native and drought tolerant plants. We look forward to undertaking this project and enhancing our adopted school’s entrance while also providing the children with an educational introduction to California native plants.
· The Napa Valley Vine Trail
We invite you to join us during Napa Bike Fest on April 27, 2013 http://napabikefest.org/.
Auberge du Soleil has been an enthusiastic supporter of the Napa Valley Vine Trail since its establishment in 2008. Currently under construction, the proposed Vine Trail links the five Napa Valley communities from the northern tip of Calistoga spanning 44 miles to the Vallejo Ferry Terminal and to the greater Bay Area in a non-motorized, environmentally sensitive way. Auberge du Soleil adds a $4 donation to each hotel reservation which is then matched by the hotel; we have committed to donating at least $40,00 per year for the next 5 years. During Earth Month we hope that you will include a donation to this eco-friendly endeavor to your Auberge Restaurant or Bistro & Bar check or by visiting the Vine Trail at directly at www.vinetrail.org.
Overnight guests at the Auberge du Soleil on Earth Day, April 22nd, will receive a complimentary goody sourced from within our region.
Earth Month for our ASSOCIATES
- Carpool & Alternative Transportation Incentive– In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint during the month of April we will reward our employees with ‘Sun Dollars’ for making the extra effort to carpool or take another mode of alternative transportation to work.
- Earth Day Napa River Clean-Up– For several years our associates have helped beautify downtown Napa during the annual Earth Day River Clean-Up organized by the Napa Resource Conservation District.
- Wellness Week- Beginning on April 1, 2013 we will highlight and inspire our associates to be Well. Each day will focus on a component of how to reach high-level wellness. The wellness message will be carried out through 2013 and beyond. Some examples of how we will convey wellness to our associates during Wellness Week;
- serving non-processed, nutritious, local and seasonal foods in the employee cafeteria in addition to our traditional Meatless Mondays
- kick-off 2nd annual Biggest Loser contest
- wellness property walks
- stretching demonstration
- guided meditation focusing on the breath
- exclusive hike with the Napa Valley Land Trust
- self wellness inventory, to be reviewed at the end of 2013
- Annual Wellness Fair– On April 5th Auberge du Soleil will hold our annual Wellness Fair for Auberge du Soleil associates. Local health vendors will provide wellness information and Auberge Spa employees volunteer their time by providing their fellow colleagues with chair massages.