Truth be told, it can be pretty tough to concoct an environmentally friendly cocktail using locally grown and organic ingredients. But that didn’t stop our Rutherford restaurant’s staff from trying. We tracked down companies and brands that make organic, local and seasonal ingredients.
April 22nd is officially Earth Day, a day for celebrating the riches of our natural world and to raise awareness for protecting our environment. So, celebrate our Mother Earth with a martini with an eco-conscious twist. Head up to Auberge du Soleil during the month of April, and ask for the ‘Bee-22’, a tangy blend of Marshall’s Farm wildflower honey, San Francisco’s organic No. 209 Gin, Philo Apple Farm’s apple cider syrup, fresh rosemary from our garden, and Meyer lemon juice.
To create this creation on your own:
3 oz 209 Organic Gin
0.5 oz Marshall Farms Honey
0.5 oz Meyer Lemon Juice
0.5 oz Philo Apple Cider Syrup
1 Egg White
– Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Combine gin, honey, lemon juice, apple cider syrup and the egg white from one egg.
– Moisten the rim of a martini glass with lemon juice or water, then dip in Rosemary Sugar
– Shake until well chilled.
– Strain into prepared glass.
– Garnish with Rosemary Sprig
Cocktail Chef Vincent Lee
A friendly reminder: be sure to use organic ingredients in every cocktail you try, in addition to the eco-friendly liquors, for greenest results. And please drink responsibly.