Chef’s Recipe: Asparagus, Slow Cooked Egg, Kampachi, Black Olive Vinaigrette
Executive Chef Robert Curry
2 bunches Asparagus
4 each Eggs
12 ounces Kampachi Fillet
1 recipe Black Olive Vinaigrette, recipe follows
to taste Fleur de Sel
– Heat a water bath with a thermo-circulator to 63 degrees Celsius.
– Submerge the eggs in the water bath for 45 minutes.
– Shock the eggs in ice water and reserve.
– Peel all but 2 spears of asparagus.
– Using a peeler, shave thin strips of asparagus from the unpeeled spears and reserve in ice water.
– Cook the peeled asparagus in salted boiling water until tender.
– Drain and divide the asparagus spears and arrange among four plates.
– Drain and place the eggs on the asparagus.
– Reheat the egg for 5 minutes in the water bath at 63 degrees Celsius.
– Break eggs one by one into a bowl and place on the asparagus.
– Season eggs with fleur de sel.
– Slice Kampachi and place on the eggs, season with fleur de sel.
– Drizzle plates with tapenade vinaigrette.
– Garnish with shaved asparagus.
Black Olive Vinaigrette
½ cup Niçoise Olives, pitted
1 each Shallots, peeled and minced
1 bunch Chives, chopped
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Banyuls Vinegar
½ teaspoons Pastis
Mix all ingredients.