Grilled Quail, Roasted Garlic, Croutons, Warm Bacon Dressing
4 each Quail, semi boneless
4 each Quail eggs
2 cups Arugula, washed and dried
2 cups Frisée, washed and dried
1 each Red Onion
3 each Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 each Garlic Bulb, roasted
2 each Shallot, diced
¾ cup Apple Smoked Bacon, diced
½ cup Pure Olive Oil
¼ cup Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Cider Vinegar
¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
8 each Baguette Crouton
to taste Salt and Pepper
- · Cut the red onion in fourths, from top to bottom leaving the skin on.
- · Place the onion, skin side down, in a sauté pan, season with salt and pepper.
- · Add the balsamic and sherry vinegar; cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- · Place in a 375-degree oven for 40-50 minutes until onion is cooked, but still retains some of its crunch.
- · Let cool.
- · When cool, remove the skin and slice the onions.
- · In a small sauté pan, cook the bacon on low heat.
- · When the bacon is almost cooked, add the shallots and garlic.
- · Cook about two more minutes, until clear.
- · Pour the bacon mixture into a bowl.
- · Add the cider vinegar and the olive oil.
- · Mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- · Grill the quail to medium.
- · Dress the onions and spinach with the bacon dressing.
- · Plate and serve.