Auberge du Soleil strives to live in harmony with the environment and we are dedicated to preserving and protecting the Napa Valley terroir and culture. We are committed to enriching the guest experience by providing local resources unique to California’s Napa Valley.
We are confident that by implementing ecological practices and encouraging our guests, employees, and community to be stewards of the Napa Valley, we will limit our environmental footprint and inspire a more conscious daily lifestyle.
Auberge du Soleil has been accepted as a Gold Level GreenLeader into the new TripAdvisor® GreenLeaders™ program, which helps travelers plan greener trips by identifying environmentally-friendly accommodations across the U.S. Auberge du Soleil met a set of environmental standards developed for TripAdvisor by a leading environmental consulting firm, with input from expert partners.
Auberge du Soleil is proud to be the first hotel in the Napa Valley certified through the Bay Area Green Business Program.
The Auberge Spa is an original partner of the Green Spa Network, a foundation devoted to promoting the vital connections between personal wellbeing, resource sustainability, and earth friendly practices.
We are pleased to be a part of the Whole World Water Fund. WHOLE WORLD water is a three year hospitality and tourism campaign that addresses the fact that nearly 1 billion people do not have access to clean drinking water. Leveraging the incredible potential of the hospitality and tourism industry to spur global change, the model encourages spas, hotels, resorts and restaurants to filter, bottle and sell their own water, while contributing 10% of the proceeds to the WHOLE WORLD Water Fund; a fund benefiting clean and safe water programs around the world. The Auberge du Soleil Restaurant and Auberge Bistro & Bar are now offering our very own sparkling and still water using the Vivreau filtration system.
Auberge is an active member and supporter of The Napa Valley Vine Trail. The NVVT is a grassroots effort to implement a multi-use hiking & biking trail from Calistoga to Vallejo.
Auberge du Soleil adds a $2 donation to every hotel reservation (opt out available at checkout) which is matched by the hotel. Currently, these funds are donated to the Napa Valley Vine Trail. The 44 miles of recreational trails will begin in Calistoga and run through the entire Napa Valley, ending at the Vallejo Ferry terminal. The trail will significantly reduce the community’s carbon footprint The Vine Trail is a grass roots organization that will have a positive impact on our community and visitors to the Napa Valley.
Our Environmental Health Initiatives for Person and Planet
- A humble member of Relais & Chateaux, Auberge du Soleil guests and associates are received into a family that cultivates Art de Vivre in the form of exceptional expertise, sophisticated ambiance and the Napa Valley experience
- Restaurant ingredients are sourced locally and regionally while emphasizing sustainable, organic and seasonal products
- Wine Director, Kris Margerum’s extensive wine list highlights bio-dynamic and organic wines
- The Auberge Spa nurtures the body and soul while luxuriating in natural and sustainable sensory elements
- Rivolta Carmignani linens meet Oek-Tex manufacturing standards and uphold the Blulino trademark
- In-house filtered water provided in lieu of bottled water
- La Plage pool purified by a DEL OZONE trio-pure system
- Biodegradable cleaning products utilized throughout our resort
- Property wide use of low VOC paints
- All-Natural Duraflame Anyfire Logs, made from 100% renewable resources and burns 7 times cleaner than wood, supplied in all hotel Guest Rooms
Our Resource Conservation
- Waste wise purchasing policy significantly reduces single stream output
- Participation in the Upper Valley Recycling Food Composting Program
- Resort wide recycling and re-use system for paper, glass, cardboard, metal, oil etc. including active participation in Re-Cork America
- We provide natural and organic, bulk dispensed, premium bath and guest room amenities
- Energy conservation administered through a sustainable light selection of dimmer switches, CFL bulbs & LED lighting
- Integrated Water Management implemented throughout Auberge du Soleil
- Replace equipment on an "as needed basis" and choose Energy Star when applicable
- Office products are sourced from Give Something Back, including 100% post consumer waste recycled copy paper
- Complimentary weekend wellness classes are offered in La Pagode
- Green Education Programs and annual Wellness Fair are provided for our employees
- Auberge is an active member and supporter of The Napa Valley Vine Trail.
- The NVVT is a grassroots effort to implement a multi-use hiking & biking trail from Calistoga to Vallejo.
- Auberge du Soleil adds a $4 donation to every hotel reservation (opt out available at checkout) which is matched by the hotel. Currently, these funds are donated to the Napa Valley Vine Trail. The 44 miles of recreational trails will begin in Calistoga and run through the entire Napa Valley, ending at the Vallejo Ferry terminal. The trail will significantly reduce the community’s carbon footprint The Vine Trail is a grass roots organization that will have a positive impact on our community and visitors to the Napa Valley.